.style37 {

font-family: "Courier New", Courier, mono;

font-size: 24px;

font-weight: bold;

}

-->

</style>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

<p class="style31"><span class="style37">=]IGC[= COD4 CLAN RECRUITMENT FORM</span><br>

<br>

<strong>Welcome soldier! If you are intrested in joining our Clan then please fill out<br>

this application form

and submit it, we will get back to you as soon as<br>

possible and in the meantime you can

check out the forums.<br>

Thank you. </strong> </p>

<span class="style31"><left>

</left><left></left><left></left><left></left><left></left><left></left><left></left></span><span class="style32"><left></left></span><span class="style33"><left></left><left></left></span><left><form action="apply.php" method="post" name="Application" class="style33">

<div align="left>" class="style34">

<input name="RealName" type="text" value="" size="24">

<br>

Gaming Name:

<input name="GamerName" type="text" size="24">

<br>

<input name="Age" type="text" size="2">

<br>

<input name="Location" type="text" size="15">

<br>

Email Address:

<input name="EmailAddress" type="text" size="30">

<br>

Hours spent online per week:

<input name="Hours" type="text" size="10">

<br>

<br>

If you have been in a clan before, please list all of the<br>

ones you were in and the reason why you left them:<br>

<textarea name="Clans" cols="50" rows=6" textarea="textarea"></textarea>

<br>

<br>

Will you be able to attend practices and matches when scheduled?:

<select name="Practices">

<option selected>------------------</option>

<option>Yes</option>

<option>I'll do my best to be there</option>       

<option>Maybe not</option>

<option>No</option>

</select>

<br>

<br>

Gamer Information

<br>

Your favorite weapon?:

<input name="Weapon1" type="text" size="20">

<br>

Your 2nd favorite weapon?:

<input name="Weapon2" type="text" size="20">

<br>

Your favorite map?:

<input name="Map" type="text" size="20">

<br>

<br>

<br>

<br>

Please explain a little about yourself, when you are normally online,<br>

when you can get a microphone (If you dont already have one) and anything<br>

else you would like to inform us about:<br>

<textarea name="About" cols="50" rows="6" textarea="textarea"></textarea>

<br>

<br>

Would you consider donating towards the game server?:

<select name="Pay">

<option selected>------------------</option>

<option>Yes</option>

<option>No</option>

<option>Maybe</option>

</select>

<br>

<br>

And finally....<br>

Where did you hear about us?:<br>

<textarea name="Where" cols="50" rows="6" textarea="textarea"></textarea>

<br>

<br>

<input name="Submit" type="submit" value="Submit Recruitment Form">

</div>

</form>

<span class="style31">Powered by <a href="www.clankit.bravoclan.com">ClanKit™</a><br>

</span></left>

<span class="style31">

</div>

</body>

</html>

<?

CloseTable();

include("footer.php");

?>

</span>

I am brand new at this a friend set this up to begin with and i cant figure out how to fix it. Pls help

While I cannot help you.. I would make two suggestions.

a) Since you are new to PHP, this is perhaps biting off more than you can chew. I would suggest getting some basic books and work your way up. Sounds like you are trying to do backflips before learning how to walk so-to-speak.

b) it's regarded as bad practice to use <? ?> as your PHP tags. Servers may have the short open tags disabled.. otherwise, the shorthand php tags may get confused with XML tags. You should use <?php ?> instead.

Cheers,

NRG

Your form is sending off the variables that a user inputs to a file called apply.php. This file will handle organizing the values into a single message and sending them to your email. My guess is that the file either does not declare the $_POST variables correctly or does not exist (since you do not seem to know where it is).

/*********************************************************************************************************//* ClanKit      - Please Read!                                                                                        *//*                                                                                                                                  *//* Fill in the appropriate areas to your customisation.                                                *//* E.g. You must change your_email_address@email.com to your own one.              *//* IMPORTANT: DO NOT EDIT THE $App line unless you know what you are doing, o  *//* you can read the instruction manual included with your ClanKit package.              *//***********************************************************************************************************/<?$EmailTo = "cleanjoe@charter.net";$Subject = "=]IGC[= In Good Comapany Clan Recruitment Form $FirstName\n";$Name = "$FirstName\n";$App = "RealName: $RealName\n GamerName: $GamerName\n Age: $Age\n Location: $Location\n EmailAddress: $EmailAddress\n Hours online per week: $Hours\n Other Clans: $Clans\n Will you be able to attend practices: $Practices\n Favorite Weapon1: $Weapon1\n Favorite Weapon2: $Weapon2\n Favorite map: $Map\n About yourself: $About\n Where did you hear about us?: $Where\n IP Address: $REMOTE_ADDR";mail($EmailTo,$Subject,$App,"From: $EmailAddress\n");?><html><body bgcolor="#000000"><center><font face="Arial"><font color="white"><b>Thank you for your time<br><A href="http://www.igc-clan.net">Click Here</A> to return<b></font></body></html>

I think this is it

While I cannot help you.. I would make two suggestions.

a) Since you are new to PHP, this is perhaps biting off more than you can chew. I would suggest getting some basic books and work your way up. Sounds like you are trying to do backflips before learning how to walk so-to-speak.

b) it's regarded as bad practice to use <? ?> as your PHP tags. Servers may have the short open tags disabled.. otherwise, the shorthand php tags may get confused with XML tags. You should use <?php ?> instead.

Cheers,

NRG

Agreed.

A). If you need some help with the basics, I can probably help you out a little - Just add me on AIM or something.

B). Shorthand tags should never be used - even if your php config file is set up to read them. If you ever transfer the files over to another server that isn't configured to read it - it will spit all sorts of errors out at you and just display your php code as plain text.

Ok, there are errors all throughout that script - I don't even know where to begin.

I recommend going to http://www.w3schools.com and reading their little tutorial on PHP - it should teach you the basics of PHP in just under a few hours. Naturally, we cannot help you if you have absolutely no idea what you are doing - so come back when you at least have a basic understanding of what your script is trying to do and general idea of what the PHP syntax should look like.

thankyou for your time sorry to bother you guys, will work on it and try to figure it out.

Oh, you're not bothering us. I'm just suggesting taking on basics first prior to jumping straight into stuff like this.. That way, you'll have a much stronger understanding of the code, and thus be able to trouble shoot more effectively, is all.  :)

Cheers,

NRG

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.