Using PHP to process submitted PDF Form and Upload FDF to Server

badaboom55

Hi All,

I have a PDF form online (created in Acrobat 9.0 Pro, NOT LiveCycle Designer!) that, once a user has filled it out and clicks the submit button, I want two things to happen:

1) I want the data from the form to be submitted to a custom PHP script, which I can do several different things with (store the data in a MySQL database, for example).

2) I would also like to upload/store/save (not sure of the proper vernacular) the filled out form (FDF file) to the web server.

Now what I need from you lovely people, either directly, or point me to where I can find the following:

1) How/What options do I choose for the Submit button in Acrobat 9.0 Pro when I create the PDF?

2) What/Where can I find a PHP code snippet to get the data from fields in the submitted form?

3) I know you can set up an Acrobat form to e-mail a copy of the FDF file to a specified e-mail address. Instead of emailing that FDF file, I want to store it directly to a folder on my web server. However, just setting the URL in the submit button to a folder on my web server doesn't seem to do the trick. So, I guess what I need is to somehow reference the FDF file with my custom PHP script... something like $_POST["fdffile"] ???? Please if anyone knows how to do this, please let me know! Because, if I can reference the FDF file, I can then use PHP's built in FTP functions to upload it to a specific folder on my web server.

Thanks for any input!!!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.