Custom Login System

Daan(NL)

Hello,

I'm still a PHP beginner, so I tried to make my own login system for practise, it works with pre-made usernames and login names.

I know it's not safe yet, so I'd like to ask some help on that, besides that please tell me what you think

Click Here

Username: Daan

Password: MyAdmin

Cheers!

Disabling right clicking wont prevent people from seeing the source code...

Cant find much wrong with the login, did u trim, striptags and mysql escape on the input?

Though storing the passwords in the login file itself isnt smart... if u are determined not to use a databse id suggest putting the passwords and usernames outside the root directory of the website.

If u can show the script i could tell u if anything else might be wrong.

Disabling right-click, besides being useless in stopping someone from seeing or getting the HTML/CSS/Javascript/images/media on a site, also prevents the most common way of creating a short-cut or favorite to that site. Do you really want to make it harder for someone to create a short-cut or favorite to a site so that they can easily come back to it? I don't think so.

I suggest putting the style into a CSS file. Instead of having the CSS in the page itself.

Yeah looks like u used dreamweaver for markup code, id suggest writing the html yourself as dreamweaver throws in alot of garbage and can make code that isnt w3c valid.

http://www.monse.nl/Daan/

I know this is semi revalent, and you probably want it like this, but I would add a php file that redirects to the main site in this directory, and sub directorys so users cannot view its contents

<?php
header("Location: http://www.monse.nl/");
?>

save that in a php file called index.php and add it to all directorys except your main.

I suggest putting the style into a CSS file. Instead of having the CSS in the page itself.

Jupjup, but when designing/coding I like to have my css on top of the page, forgot to delete it though ;) (also the reason why the <style> has got no type and rel)

Yeah looks like u used dreamweaver for markup code, id suggest writing the html yourself as dreamweaver throws in alot of garbage and can make code that isnt w3c valid.

I handcoded it, so...

and it's valid if you don't count the <style> tag and the alt for the test images.

what's wrong with the CSS is unclear to me :P

@Lamez, thanks ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.