Apache failed

java_us

Hi.. I have this strange thing with Apache web server. I remembered that i was able to run it before, then later I removed it because I had some problems with Netbeans(at least for me). Now, I wanna use PHP and don't want to use NetBeans(PHP edition) and trying to install and failed. I tried other (WAMP, XAMPP). The problem was that when I used (WAMP,XAMPP). The server would stopped immediately. (WAMP said "busy" ) and there was a message from Vista saying "http sever has stopped working..." and I removed those all-in-one installer and couldn't still run the Apache by itself.  I removed and reinstalled each of those(Apache,WAMP,XAMPP)and still didn't work.  When I installed the Apahce, this message showed up in the command line (while setting I guess)

"Installing the Apache2.2 service

The Apache2.2 service is successfully installed.

Testing httpd.conf....

Errors reported here must be corrected before the service can be started.

(OS 10013)An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions. :make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80

no listening sockets available, shutting down

Is that mean there are conflicts? I googled and the conflict happened when Skype installed. I don't have Skype installed on my pc.  Please help me...thank you..

sorry for confusion... I only installed one at a time; one didn't work. so i tried other one if it would work...and none of them works.. I think it is a conflict but how can i find out which application is using the port 80. It's not the User Setting in Vista. I turned it off..

Did you uninstall the first one after it didnt work?

Also restart the PC.

else try the below.

In windows vista go the command prompt, type in

netstat -ao |find /i "listening"

then hit enter.

Look for something that looks like 0.0.0.0:80

at the end is the processid it is a 3 or 4 digit number.

Open up task manager, and go to services, click on PID at the top to sort them by process id.  look for that 3 or 4 digit number, and that is what is running on port 80.

thanks.. this is what I found for port:80

TCP 0.0.0.0:80    "mycomputer name" :pc:0 LISTENING 4

it's only 1 digit and can't find it in the PID in the service...

What's 4 mean? I just restarted PC and reinstall the Apache... the same error showed up during installation - the make_sock error...

please give me further advise...thanks

I remember trying to run IIS when I wanted to play with ASP.NET but I stopped when I find out that IIS can't be run on Window Vista Home edition. So, I don't really know if it's running.. Now, I reinstalled the Apache itself and restarted the PC. I can now run it and got the page "it Works" I guess it happened this morning. I decided to install all-in-one package this morning because I didn't know to configure with MySQL. The steps found at some online tutorial is difficult for me. Please give me guideline... what I should do next? Try to install the all-in-one or do it manually? Thanks.. I really appreciate your help...I spent yesterday and today just for configuring the server...

Yes. I have Vista Home Basic and I guess it only issue is with IIS.  when i was trying to do manual installation with the guide from a book, i guess stuck on configuring MySQL with PHP.  I could install all three - Apache,PHP,MySQL (on my desktop pc with XP). the book mentioned getting connector for PHP from mysql site. and it no longer available for a new release as it is not needed.  And I googled and found guidelines for configure MySQL with PHP.  but i couldn't follow (as it doesn't show in details) and got stuck.. That's the reason I was avoiding manual installation. Well.. I give it a try..and get help.. Thank you for your help...it's been really helpful...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.