[SOLVED] Apostrophe Problem: from ? to ,

geebo

This is so bad, it's now almost funny.  MySQL Version 5.0.45.  I have a simple MySQL table that I uploaded from a .csv file.  When I first uploaded the .csv, MySQL changed all the apostrophes (') and double quotes (") to question marks (?).  I was told it might be a "smart quotes" problem, so I made sure all the text was plain text from notepad.  That didn't help.  I can go into each field and manually change the question mark to an apostrophe one at a time on the server, and that works, but who wants to do that?

I read a fix on this forum:

I fixed the problem (might not be the best way but it works). I just pasted everything into work and did a find replace for the apostrophes with ‚

After I replaced all the apostrophes (') with "‚" I now get COMMAS (,)!!  ???

Is there any way to get my apostrophes to display as apostrophes?  And I do this to unwind.  :D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.