[SOLVED] Javascript Expert Required!

Bricktop

Hello all!

I'm a keen Galleria (http://devkick.com/lab/galleria/) user and have implmented it on several of my clients' websites. Each time, I combine JCarosuel to allow for scrolling of the thumbnails.

For those that don't know Galleria, it preloads every full size image in the bacjground once the page has loaded. This enables users to click an image and have it appear straight away without having to wait.

The majority of the sites I have implemented Galleria on have low hit rates and therefore use a small amount of bandwidth, however one of the sites I have implemented it on has a lot of hits and uses a lot of bandwidth.

To combat this, I have modified the script to use very small custom thumbnails, but I wonder if someone could tell me which part of the galleria.js file to edit to stop it preloading each full-size image. Essentially, I'd just like a user to click a thumbnail and then wait while the image loads.

I know this goes against the whole Galleria ethos of snappy browsing but for this particular site there are so many images being loaded each time a user clicks the Gallery link my bandwidth is being consumed amazingly quickly!

A link to the galleria code I am using is here [removed by request of poster]

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thank you.

One of the reasons you may be having the hits on that site is because they like the fact that the pictures load quickly and seamlessly. So taking away that functionality may also alienate some of your users.

Why don't you just switch to a different server - one without the bandwidth limitations. I use bluehost.com. It costs USD$100/yr, and you get unlimited bandwidth and unlimited storage. They have pretty good service, and there is a chat on their homepage, so they are very easy to contact. They also have a long history (14 or 15 years), which is ancient in the server world

This way you can keep on providing the service and stop worrying about the bandwidth.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.