OnlySport

Mijii

Hey guys,

Im a kiwi with a pet project, basically its a social networking site dedicated to sports.. if you are a player you can chuck up a page about yourself for free etc..

My first version was horrific; http://www.onlysport.co.nz/v1/

The second version has just been launched and i would love some feedback etc;

http://www.onlysport.co.nz

I still have alot of things i want to implement but at the same time im just one developer so there should have been a lot i have missed - thus any feedback would rock.. (neg or pos)..

Cheers,

Mike

Yer I am having quite polar responses with the BG, some people love it and some like yourself cannot stand it..

Thanks for the feedback, i will take a look at how to make it less distracting.. (the idea needs to stay, as an expansion i am going to implement is the option to select different themese - the current one is an attempt at rugby, soon i will implement a pool theme for swimming etc..)

If you have any ideas apart from axing it to make it less distracting i would love to hear them..

and once again thanks for the feedback  :)

Mike

I am in agreement with akitchin. That background.. very distracting.. the eye is constrantly fighting with it and the main content. The goal should be to have the eye comfortably sit in the content area. I would strongly recommend axing the grass and perhaps adding some soft toned down gradient or something.

Other than that, the actual content area of the page is nice. I like it.

Definately a fair judgement and as it stands im hitting a miss here :)..

so for sure i will look into axing the grass in the bg, or at absolute least i will find a way to tone it down A LOT..

Thank you again for your guys comments..

One option might be to create a larger jpg, gif, etc with a white center and a thin border with the grass. You will probably have to paly with the size so it looks right, but it's an option. Also, you might be able to reduce the resolution so the file size is smaller and subsquently loads faster.

Thank you,

I am planning on investing some time in trying out a few methods to mimic try lines etc (depending on the current theme selected of course)..

If i may can i please draw your attention to my listing (search results) page. (forgetting the over powering grassy background for a second - if we can)..

Can you guys please give me some feed back about the usability of the search results page;

http://onlysport.co.nz/profiles/

Im not sure if i have too much info, or not enough information to be useful.

Thank you in advance.

Mike

I think everything else looks ok.

Personally, I'm not sure if it's the amount of black used, or the width of the headline bars, but I find something distracting. Maybe change a few of the colors so everything is not one monotone color.

Layout, Navigation, and Content all look great.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.