Page refreshes but data does not

joe12312

This isn't really a coding question but i thought someone may be able to answer my question.

I'm playing a game named Tribalwars and its coded in PHP.

Now i have a refreshing problem where i can see the page reloading but the data dosn't. I've tried IE, Firefox, Safari and Netscape and none of them refresh the data.

I know it does refresh it because my friends computer and laptop both auto refresh the data. I've tried disableing caching and changing chaching settings in IE but it still dosn't seem to work.

Please help - maybe i'm doing something wrong?

i just wanna know how i can get the data to auto refresh

You can't.. Unless your a game programmer.... lol. It's simply the way the game is made; poorly.

like i said, it does it for my friend but not me

Then it's a browser issue... Make sure that the configurations for the browsers are the same. Sometimes different browsers have different effects with the same website, especially with PHP.

like i said, it does it for my friend but not me

Then it's a browser issue... Make sure that the configurations for the browsers are the same. Sometimes different browsers have different effects with the same website, especially with PHP.

Um php processes server side so I do not see how the browser has any meaning to how a page is loaded via the server side prehypertext php processing.

it's really quite strange though that sometimes it actualy does refresh the data and sometimes it dosn't.

like when i'm in the barracks and i select how many troops i want to recruit, then press submit - the data will refresh and show me the timer for how long it'll take.

and then when i'm trying to upgrade buildings i press upgrade but it dosn't refresh the data so using firefox i have to right click, this frame, reload frame because otherwise it dosn't work because just f5 or ctrl+f5 goes to overview page.

but occasionaly, the data will show.

it's really quite strange though that sometimes it actualy does refresh the data and sometimes it dosn't.

It doesent matter if the actual syntax is run by the server itself... It's still being interpreted by your browser. Trust me - it's the browser! Jeeze.

It doesent matter if the actual syntax is run by the server itself... It's still being interpreted by your browser. Trust me - it's the browser! Jeeze.

Please please please read before you post.

Syntax of php is procesed by the server the output produced by the script (echo and prints) is what the browser can read as xhtml, javascript, css 

Browsers do not read php end of store so please stop saying its a browser problem because there is no such thing as a php browser problem

(yes IE uses a pjpeg and pgif type however that is for a file upload and you should be prepared to accept valid image types reguardless of who sent them and pjpeg and pgif are valid image types regardless

of which browser sent them.)

Please please please read before you post.

Please, please, please know what you're talking about before you post... Whether or not the PHP is parsed by the server is actually irrelevant... But your browser can ALWAYS be broken, or interpreting the output incorrectly. This is actually quite a COMMON problem.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.