"Advanced" Image Gallery?

designerdreams

I'm a newbie, so if I'm placing this in the wrong spot please tell me!

OK, I have a website: http://layouts.1stfreehosting.com/home8.php, which is under major construction.

I need to create a couple of scripts which do the following:

Upload an image and a ton of text,to my database, create 2 thumbnails, and a link, I kinda sorta get the upload part,

but I'm having troubles with the thumbnail.

Then I need to access my database and retrieve the image thumbnail and description, and place it on a page, which I already have ( I just don't have the content). Then, when you click on the image and/title, it will take you to the second page, which has the second thumbnail, the full description, and the css and html code for the layout.

(The image uploaded will be of a layout that the user designed)

-----------------------------------------------------

Thats one part, then on the users page (I already created a user, login, registration script...well actually I found a free one that works great), but on the user page (which is already created), I wanted to place all of the items they have uploaded in the form of, Title-Type (image, text, ect.).

Oh, and I'm new to php and mysql, so a lot of description is welcomed. I've tried to do it, but it won't upload to my database.

This is the table I created:

CREATE TABLE layouts (

id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,

imgname varchar(50) default NULL,

description varchar (240) default NULL,

csscode varchar(320000) default NULL,

htmlcode varchar (320000) default NULL,

fileContents blob,

PRIMARY KEY  (id)

)

I'm not too sure about the varchar (320000), but the codes will need a lot of characters,

so I just put in a number *head shakes*.

A simpler version of what I wrote above (because I don't think I made any sense):

upload section (for all users-not just the admin): upload form, title, description, css code, html code -->

gallery page displays with: smaller thumbnail, title, description, user (I know how to do the user part)-->

Image display page: 2nd larger thumbnail, title, description, css and html codes

I've like googled this so many times and tried a lot of the results,

but I must be doing something wrong because they don't work.

Once I got it to upload to the database, but then I had trouble retrieving it.

Break it apart and take it step by step.  What are you expecting to happen at this point, and what DB error do you get?

BTW, I am not sure if you plan on storing the actual images in the database.  If so, don't do that.  Store a path or link to the images in the database, and store the actual image files in directories and subdirectories.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.