MySQL Installation issue (IIS 5.0)

KRice

Okay, this is driving me insane.  I have PHP and MySQL installed and I absolutely cannot for the life of me get them to talk to eachother.  I don't know what I've done wrong.  I've added the extensions and PHP folders to path, I have one php.ini file (attached), I have ISAPI set up correctly, etc.

And it's still trying to get rid of me.  I don't know what to say.  

Any info would be very much appreciated.  I've been working on this all weekend, with no results.  

This is my PHP info page, I've attached my php.ini (as a txt).  If you need more info, I'll be very very happy to provide it.  

http://www.wbengineering.com/phpinfo.php

Thank you so much.   I think if I don't get this solved I'm throwing this 500 year old server out the window  :'(

[attachment deleted by admin]

Because your mssql extension is loading, your php installation is setup correctly for extensions to work.

After you uncommented the php_mysql.dll line in php.ini, what did you do to get that change to take effect? On IIS it is necessary to stop and start the IIS service in the services control panel. It is not enough to stop and start the web server in the IIS management console.

Other than that, is the php_mysql.dll present in the ext folder and is the libmysql.dll present in the php folder?

Because your mssql extension is loading, your php installation is setup correctly for extensions to work.

After you uncommented the php_mysql.dll line in php.ini, what did you do to get that change to take effect? On IIS it is necessary to stop and start the IIS service in the services control panel. It is not enough to stop and start the web server in the IIS management console.

Other than that, is the php_mysql.dll present in the ext folder and is the libmysql.dll present in the php folder?

I did restart IIS from the services panel, but I resorted to reboot eventually, and it's still the same. Yes, yes, I know.  This 'server' is an old desktop computer that can't run the programs we need (we're an engineering firm), so it got Windows Server 2000 and became our website server.  It's an old P4 with 512 megs of RAM.  Frankly, it's frequently much easier to reboot than do anything else (and yes, this does take our website briefly offline.  I have the traffic stats, trust me, NO ONE notices.  We're hoping to change that by making actual useful content available to our employees on there).

libmysql.dll is in the PHP folder, as well as in its location in the MySQL folder, and php_mysql.dll is in the extensions folder (php\ext).  Frankly, this is baffling me.  As you can see from the info, PHP is working, which should be the hard step, and MySQL is definitely working (I have the administrator, and I can get command line stuff from it quite easily through cmd windows) but they just aren't on speaking terms with eachother. 

Have you checked the web server error log file (on IIS I believe this is the Windows event log)?

Since the mssql extension is loading, it should be an easy task to get any other extension to load.

Do you know if all the files in the php and ext folders were obtained at the same time and are all the same version?

About the only thing that comes to mind is a folder/file permission problem (the IUSR_xxxxx account does not have permissions set for the php or ext folder.) Perhaps someone copied files around to other folders to get the mssql extension to work. Search for ntwdblib.dll (needed by mssql) and see what you find.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.