login problems

sub7av

I want to allow users to login to my forum but from my website homepage.

I have so far managed to show acitve online users on the home page from vbulletin but now I want to pull in there forum avatar, username and welcome back ???? on the homepage.

any help would be welcomed, I know I need to share the sql and somehow pull the login from the forum to the site, but am all ears

If I wanted help from them I would have posted there, but they dont support hacking of there forum if you can call it that however they said I can ask hacking question on the or site which I dont want to do.

If anyone has info let me know I managed to pull it from the sql last time so I am thinking maybe another sql for the member login?

how secure is it to insert the sql catch into the webpage because i had to put in user and pass to get them in.

I would like to get the user to login on homepage, show his forum avatar in a box above his name and for it to say welcome back.  I dont mind which mate,  if i can pull the vbull aross i wont have to code a login system or share sql so that would be better i think.

You would probably be better off looking for help over at the vbulletin forums ( http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/ ) they could probably help out a lot more.  My first guess would be to take a look at the session vars that vbulletin is setting, that is what I have seen used in the past... But no promisses, I don't know anything about vbulletin.

That would be your best bet. I don't have vBulletin because IMO it sucks, plus I'm not paying money for stuff where I can get something else (like SMF or phpBB3) for free.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.