Data not storing in mySql DB (Newbie asking for help)

Chezshire

Hello, I'm very new and still consider myself to be complete newb when little more then two months of playing around with php, mySql and javaScript. I'm trying to add a simple pulldown menu which will allow posters to add ratings to their postings based on the content. Everything on the front end seems to work, but the value for the post rating is not transmitted/stored in my mySql database. I think i'm doing something wrong with the mySql calls maybe but i'm not sure. Any help is appreciated!

Please note that I inherited the site i'm working on - it was built by someone much more knowledgible then I and I am just a complete newb who is still learning about all of this stuff. As always any help is appreciated.

This is the PHP code which is set up how i usually do my pull downs - it's working properly.

<tr>
<td style="text-align: right"><p>RATING:</p></td>
<td><select name="rating">
	<option value="4">1</option>
	<option value="2">2</option>
	<option value="3"<?php if ($record["rating"]=="3") { echo " selected"; } ?>>3</option>
	</select>
</td>
</tr>

This is the Submit code at the bottom of the page to submit the info to the mySql database (board)

<tr>
<td align="right"><p><span id="threadCheck" class="fineprint">Click to post.</span></td>
<td><p><input type=submit name=submit value="<?php echo $buttonText; ?>" style="background-color:#022755;color:#FFFFFF;"></form></td>
</tr>
</table>

<?php

if (($id && !$charid) || checkOOC($thread)) {
echo "<!-- WE'RE FORCING OOC FOR SOME REASON. -->\n";
echo "<!-- ID: $id      THREAD: $thread -->\n";
echo "<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=\"javascript\">\n";
if ((!$charid && !$storyteller) || checkOOC($thread)) { echo "makeOOC('force');\n"; } else { echo "postWarning();\n"; }
echo "</SCRIPT>\n\n";
} // end if thread

include("../countdownUniversal.php");
include("../footer.php"); ?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.