just installed wamp2, what do i do with mysql?

Open WAMPs taskbar menu and open phpMyAdmin.

Now click the Privileges link and find the following entry in the "User overview" table:

root  	localhost  	No  	 ALL PRIVILEGES   	Yes

and click the edit icon (looks like a pencil).

Now scroll down to the "Change password" subsection and enter a password in the password boxes provided. Afterwards click the Go button.

You have now changed the MySQL password. You may find now PMA may be displaying a error message such as "Wrong username/password. Access denied."

You now need to configure PMA to use the new password you just set in order for it connect to MySQL. To do so open the config.inc.php file in "C:\wamp\www\phpmyadmin" (I think thats the path to PMA it may be different). Once open find the first instance of

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = '';

Add your new MySQL password between the quotes. Save the config.inc.php you should now be able to use PMA again.

Thanks it worked. But i edited the config.inc file although it said NOT to edit that file, but to edit config.inc.php, and that doesn't exist.

That point-and-click method is much easier to do AND remember than going through a bunch of commands via console. If one can't do that or other stuff with console, doesn't make him less knowledgeable with the language?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.