if(in_array) BROKEN. Please Help

bumba000

Hi All,

I have a db connection and am getting results here. The problem seems to be with my in_array. I have a table called marks. I have a record in there with the value of 22 in the website_id field. The network_name field of the record has the name Blinklist in it.

Below is an example of my table and a single record. Below that is the code in question. 

As you can see, Blinklist is in the record but I get the echo response "Its Not Here". Why?

Thanks in advance,

John

MARKS:

website_id | network_name | date
     22         | Blinklist    | 1220677200

$webSiteID = $rowGetClient['website_id'];
$getMarksList = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM marks WHERE website_id = 22");
if(!$getMarksList) {
    die("Get List Failed: " . mysql_error());
}?>

<?php
while ($array = mysql_fetch_array($getMarksList)){
if (in_array("Blinklist", $array)) {
echo "Its Here";}else{echo "Its Not Here";}
echo '<br>'."ID=:" . $webSiteID;
}
?>

When a comparison fails it is always a good idea to display what the actual value(s) are to make sure they are what you expect. I recommend using var_dump() so that you know the length of the data so that things like white-space/non-displayable characters on the end of them can be detected.

Thanks for that. Here are my results. I'm not sure what to make of them.

array(8) { [0]=>  string(2) "22" ["website_id"]=>  string(2) "22" [1]=>  string(9) "BlinkList" ["network_name"]=>  string(9) "BlinkList" [2]=>  string(1) "1" ["partner_id"]=>  string(1) "1" [3]=>  string(10) "1220677200" ["date"]=>  string(10) "1220677200" }

That didnt work. On the bright side I am only getting results for those website id's that are in the marks table. So I know that the query is functioning properly. My code hasn't changed from above except for the addition of the commented out var_dump($array);.

What am I missing here?

Thank you,

John

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.