[SOLVED] To use a session variable

verdure

Hi ... i have the following scenario ... any suggestions on how to include the session variable will be greately appreciated.  :)

PAGE A : A list containing values of country names. Submit button

PAGE B : ----> This page contains a form with many fields.

-->The submitted value (country name)from PAGE A is put in a readonly text field.

-->The counties for the country selected are retrieved from  the database.

On clicking the submit button the form is validated by PAGE C. The error messages are sent back to PAGE B

Here is the problem ... when the error messages are displayed.

The value of the country field is not retained.

I realised i havent included the session variable that is why it is not happening.

Could some body please direct me with an example as to how to declare session variable.

on page C have some logic that assigns the values sent from page B to a session variable IF errors existed.  when the user is sent back to page B have some more logic that will fill out the form using the variables stored in the session if the user was returned back to page B from page C.

This is why I prefer to have any and all forms submit to themselves and have the processing done on the same page. It negates the need to transfer information back to the previous page.

In any case, for an introduction to sessions, I would suggest the examples in the manual: http://uk3.php.net/manual/en/session.examples.php

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.