open_basedir on a fasthosts dedicated server

chrism79

Can someone help me? I have a dedicated server with Fasthosts (moment of madness!) and my shopping cart script is generating an open_basedir error. It says:

file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/dev/urandom) is not within the allowed path(s): (/tmp:/home/default/xxxxx.com)

File: /pear/Auth/SASL/DigestMD5.php Line: 181 Error Number: 2

I want to take away that open_basedir restriction.

I have checked my phpinfo and it says:

open_basedir (local value): /tmp:/home/default/xxxxx.com

open_basedir (master value): no value

In php.ini the bit relating to open_basedir is commented out.

Am I right that the settings in httpd.conf or php.ini are likely to be ok for this but something at the domain-level configuration is creating the restriction? Can anyone tell me what I need to change at the domain level? Or even what files/directories to look in?

I have root access so I should be able to change whatever needs changing. I am just not sure where to look. :/

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.