[SOLVED] Cannot get the correct query results need help

geroido

Hi

This is further to a post I did yesterday but still not working. I'll just explain a little further.

I have two tables which look I represent below(simplified for this example). The important field is MenuItemID. What I want to do is search through the tables using a clientID and extract all orders from orderdetails that are for a particular clientID only. For example, OrderNum 1 has MenuItemID 69 and 67. These two can only belong to clientID CLS_carey4780bc7a6e1bc. So if I have the clientID, I want to get every order that relates to that clientID only. OrderNum 2 has MenuItemID 71 and 80 and these can only belong to CLS_owen4785f5b9ce484 etc. You can see that CLS_patrick3425dc4b9sd has no orders. I've tried the following sql statement but it is getting every record regardless of the clientID. Can you help?

$query = "SELECT orderdetails.Ordernum, SUM(orderdetails.itemcost * orderdetails.ItemQuantity) as mytotal, 
orderdetails.CustFName, orderdetails.CustSName, orderdetails.StreetAddr, orderdetails.Town, orderdetails.County, 
orderdetails.TelNum, orderdetails.orddate, ClientID  from orderdetails left join menuitemdetails on 
orderdetails.MenuItemID=menuitemdetails.MenuItemID  
and ClientID = '".$_SESSION['clsrevid']."' group by orderdetails.Ordernum ";

The clientID is held in $_SESSION['clsrevid'] and could be any clientID.

menuitemdetails

clientID                                      MenuItemID                              MenuItemName

CLS_carey4780bc7a6e1bc                  69                                            chicken pie

CLS_carey4780bc7a6e1bc                  67                                              Soup

CLS_owen4785f5b9ce484                    71                                              Pizza

CLS_owen4785f5b9ce484                    80                                              Apple pie

CLS_patrick3425dc4b9sd                    91                                              Vol au vents

orderdetails

OrderNum                                      MenuItemID                                  CustFName

1                                                  69                                                  John

1                                                  67                                                  John

2                                                  71                                                  mary

2                                                  80                                                  mary

Hi

I have managed to find the problem. It was mostly unrelated to the sql. Sorry, but it appears that the $_SESSION variable I was using to store the clientID had some white space in it so it couldn't find the record. I used the trim function to clean it up and hey presto alls well. The left join instead of inner join was also part of the problem.

Thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.