PHP Date format from SQL and calculate

cjbeck71081

Ok, so i am having a bear of a time trying calculate dates.  Any help would be apprecaited.  So I am timestamping dates in SQL entries using the "INSERT INTO table (`mydate`) VALUES (CURDATE())"

This is populating the database with a date similar to this: 2008-09-17

This allows me to do a query of the database by saying "SELECT * FROM table WHERE mydate < CURDATE() - INTERVAL 30 DAY"; This part works great.. then I can send notifications to people who are past 30 days, and all are happy.

But now I am trying to display date information in a table for the customer to see. 

For example... if Bob signed up for an account he'll have a field for su_date(signup date) and it would get '2008-09-17'.  If I then wanted to make a table for a client that said... Bob signed up on 09-17-2008 and then calculate his renewel date of 30 days later... by saying Bob needs to renew by 10-17-2008.  How would i do that?

I have tried taking the value of mydate from the table and adding 30 to it... that just adds 30 years to the date.  I'm sure i can reorder the numbers and add form there, but what a mess.

Any ideas or methods would be awesome.

Thanks Guys

CJ

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.