Decision tree programming

kmaid

Hello, I could use some help. I am currently trying to code a decision tree into PHP where by the user answers a question and the next set of questions is given to them based on their previous answer(s).

Currently I am storing all the user’s answers in a database and running it all through case statements each time however in all honesty I would like to do it another way as  I think it is a pretty poor approach.

So far I have read about “Expert Systems” which are border line AI and very complicated for this situation. The other thing I was thinking *could* work is using parent child method to build the menus and store all the answers and upon running out of questions simply if through every possible outcome which is only marginally better.

Thanks for reading  :D

Kmaid

Heh ^^; Dowdy is my colleague i hadn’t realised he already posted on the subject here. I am currently googling about what you suggested but and was wondering if you knew of any good simple examples of these systems for me to have a look at.

Thanks

Kmaid

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.