Apache doesn't recognise my websites

Debbie-Leigh

Hi,

I'm having a problem getting Apache to recognise my development websites after I did a Windows reinstall last week.

I hadn't changed anything in the Apache folder since before the reinstall, when everything was working fine.  The only thing I did was to install Apache as a service and start it - the conf files were exactly as they were before.

When I found there was a problem, I did a few trial and error experiments, but got nowhere, so I downloaded the latest Apache build from Apache Lounge (because I need ssl built in too) and replaced the old files with the new ones and transferred my old settings to the new conf files.  I still had the same problem.

I have found there are some strange error messages appearing in the error.log file:

[Mon Sep 22 04:31:06 2008] [warn] Init: Session Cache is not configured [hint: SSLSessionCache]
[Mon Sep 22 04:31:07 2008] [notice] Apache/2.2.9 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8i PHP/5.2.5 mod_perl/2.0.4-dev Perl/v5.10.0 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Mon Sep 22 04:31:07 2008] [notice] Server built: Sep 21 2008 10:26:19
[Mon Sep 22 04:31:07 2008] [notice] Parent: Created child process 552
[Mon Sep 22 04:31:08 2008] [warn] Init: Session Cache is not configured [hint: SSLSessionCache]
[Mon Sep 22 04:31:09 2008] [notice] Child 552: Child process is running
[Mon Sep 22 04:31:09 2008] [notice] Child 552: Acquired the start mutex.
[Mon Sep 22 04:31:09 2008] [notice] Child 552: Starting 64 worker threads.
[Mon Sep 22 04:31:09 2008] [notice] Child 552: Starting thread to listen on port 80.
[Mon Sep 22 04:31:09 2008] [notice] Child 552: Starting thread to listen on port 80.
[Mon Sep 22 04:31:21 2008] [notice] Parent: Received shutdown signal -- Shutting down the server.
[Mon Sep 22 04:31:21 2008] [notice] Child 552: Exit event signaled. Child process is ending.
[Mon Sep 22 04:31:22 2008] [notice] Child 552: Released the start mutex
[Mon Sep 22 04:31:23 2008] [notice] Child 552: All worker threads have exited.
Error in my_thread_global_end(): 1 threads didn't exit
[Mon Sep 22 04:31:28 2008] [notice] Child 552: Child process is exiting
Cannot find module (IP-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (IF-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (TCP-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (UDP-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (SNMPv2-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (SNMPv2-SMI): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (UCD-SNMP-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (UCD-DEMO-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (SNMP-TARGET-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (SNMP-VIEW-BASED-ACM-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (SNMP-COMMUNITY-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (UCD-DLMOD-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (SNMP-MPD-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (SNMP-USER-BASED-SM-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (SNMP-NOTIFICATION-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (SNMPv2-TM): At line 0 in (none)
[Mon Sep 22 04:31:28 2008] [notice] Parent: Child process exited successfully.
Error in my_thread_global_end(): 1 threads didn't exit

So, I have two questions:

1. Does anyone know whether the 'Error in my_thread_global_end()' or the 'Cannot find module' messages would be the cause of my websites not being found?

2. Can anyone let me know what the 'Cannot find module' messages mean and how to fix them?

Debbie

Hi,

OK, problems solved.

After an awful lot of trial and error testing, I found that it was the php_snmp.dll module that was causing the error.  It was being included in the extensions section at the bottom of the php.ini file, so I deleted the line and the MIBS messages stopped appearing.

The 'Error in my_thread_global_end()' message was being caused by the php_netools.dll module, so I deleted that one from the extension list too.

Now for the websites not being recognised.  Because of the length of time it was taking to track down, I knew it would turn out to be one of those problems that would end up with a very simple solution.  And I wasn't disappointed; it was that I had forgetten to restore my hosts file into system32/drivers/etc.  How utterly embarrassing, but thank you everyone who helped me eventually get there.

Debbie

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.