A Link To My Content

jamesbrauman

On my website, I have alot of flash content (games, animations etc). I want to provide some code that others can put on thier webpages that will embed the flash content into thier page. BUT, instead of just providing code such as

<embed src="...

I want to provide some javascript, so that when they embed the javascript code on their site like this:

<script src="http://www.mysite.com/exampledirectory/some_javascript.js"></script>

The flash movie will automatically be embedded on thier website, but a link back to my site will also be embedded (this is because they are using my bandwidth).

How can I write a javascript file that will do this? Thankyou.

why not add a scene in front of all your content that advertises who you are/your site's location?

anyone can rip your swf (unless you block them from doing it), and only the nice ones would follow your instructions to linkback to your site.

The best way, if possible is to have one movie that serves all your flash games, and on the bottom of your deliver movie, have a section with a link to your site.  I'm not a flash expert, so I don't know the implications of trying to have one flash movie call another, but if it is doable, that would be your safest way to ensure your site is shown while they play their game:

[g] = game movie

[ [d] ]  deliver movie

[----]

->

[[g]]

[---]  <-- have a link footer

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.