[SOLVED] Cross table reference in SELECT statement

pofigster

I'm using MySQL 5.0

I'm wondering if the following is possible:  I have one table which has 100 rows and a primary index called 'percent' - everytime a page is loaded I want to select one of these rows (always in order, so, if last time 'percent'=1 was displayed, this time I want 'percent'=2 to display until 'percent'=100 and then I want 'percent'=1 to display again).  I have another table which has one row and one variable called 'curr_perc'  PHP already sends the command to increment this variable each time a page is loaded, but I don't want to do a query to retrieve this value and then another to select the row in the first table - so, is there some way I can say "SELECT * FROM 'adverts' WHERE percent=adv_current.curr_perc" (where adv_current is the table with one row and one variable)?

Maybe my idea can be done some other way?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.