Looking for PHP Script for Mail-related things

FrieK

Hi,

I recently putted up my little server again, just a fileserver really, but I'll also be using it to organize my downloads.

With this I mean is that I want that PC to automatically download w/e I want it to download by just sending it a mail, so I've made a different mail-account for that one only, putted all ready so I can use remote software to start downloading, but it's slow this way.

Therefor, I need something else. A friend of mine told me about PHP scripts that can retrieve mails, filter the content, get the links out of the mail, start the links (downloading 'em), so I can just send a mail with links to that account and my server will automatically download them without any other effort.

I myself know a bit of PHP, but far not enough to create such a script, anyone happen to have something like this? Or close to it so I could always expand/edit it to my specific needs.

Help is much appreciated!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.