[SOLVED] Also unable to run phpMyAdmin setup script

maubuchon

Hi, I've been banging away at this for a while but I can't get the phpMyAdmin setup.php script to do anything. I can see the form with all the buttons when I load it into my browser. But, clicking on the buttons does absolutely nothing. There is some browser activity I can see from the progress bar on the bottom of the screen when I click one of buttons, but the screen never changes.

I've also tried to setup up the config.inc.php file manually also but when I load up the index.php page from the base directory and try to login with the correct account "root" and the correct password.  but I am not allowed in, just get returned to the login page.  I tried the  MySQL "administrator" account I also created also, but no luck either.

I did get rid of an initial "mcyrpt" error on the login page by enabling the php_mcrypt extension in php.ini, but i am still not allowed past the phpMyAdmin login screen.

I've got the latest stable version of phpMyadmin.

Any ideas why the setup script is not working or what else I could be doing wrong would be greatly appreciated! I must have missed something about getting the setup script to run?

Thanks!

The default configuration file in phpmyadmin/libraries/ folder should get you going (you'll have to copy config.default.php to the root of your PMA folder, and then rename it to config.inc.php).

Also rather than set a default username/password PMA uses to login to MYSQL. Open your config.inc.php and find the following line:

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'config';

Change 'config' to 'http' instead.

Now whenever you go to use PMA a login box will appear asking for your MySQL username/password.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.