Reload images and php

Porl123

I've got an image on my site that's done with PHP that shows message_1.gif when there's 1 message or more and message_2.gif, but I'm not really sure how I'd have it so it would reload the image, say every 30 seconds without the page being reloaded. I've been told briefly it's done using timeout but javascript's not my strong subject :( if somebody could help me out with this I'd be very greatful :) thanks! oh and if you need any information just ask here

Have you done any AJAX before? If so, this will be easy. If not, you should go through some of the tutorials on this site to learn how to use AJAX to your benefit. If you then know AJAX and still can't figure out how to do this, re-post with your code and lots of people will be glad to help you with your code.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.