How to read custom Headers of incoming HTTP POST

rocksolidhq

Hey,

i'm receiving some data from a remote source and they are passing on custom Headers with their HTTP POST data.

eg.

Host:DOMAIN.COM

Auth-MID:700000200109

Auth-TID:002

Auth-User:USER01

Auth-Password:PASSW0RD

Stateless-Transaction:true

Header-Record:false

It seems easy enough to pull the standard header values like Host but i cannot seem to get at the custom ones.

Can anyone tell me how i would get them?

$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] retrieves "DOMAIN.COM" but $_SERVER['Auth-MID'] retrieves nothing.

thanks in advance,

dean

Hey btherl,

whoops, i should have described my environment.  It's actually an IIS 6 server.  Anyway, i also posed the question on the phpbuilder forum and received the answer.  Anyone searching can find it here:

http://www.phpbuilder.com/board/showthread.php?p=10888831#post10888831

the upshot is that all of the headers are stored in the $_SERVER array and capturing them is done using a line like:

$headerString = print_r($_SERVER, true); //the "true" tells print_r to return the output instead of displaying it.

thanks,

dean

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.