[SOLVED] easy post question

ngreenwood6

I have alot of code so I am not going to post it because it seems like no one helps if you do. I have a pretty simple question though. I have a form that onlick it posts the username and password to a page called check_user.php. If the username and password are correct it instead posts it to process_login.php. When it goes to process_login.php it registers their username in the session and redirects to main.php.  The problem is that I do not know how to get it to process process_login.php and do what it tells it to do. It just stays on the login page when it is supposed to be redirect to the main.php page. My process_login.php page looks like this:

<?php
//include the variables
include("includes/variables.php");

//get the username from the form
$username = strtolower($_POST['username']);

if($username != "")
{
$_SESSION['username'] = $username;
header("Location: main.php");
}

?>

How do I get it to go to the main.php page with ajax? It seems like all it does is check this page and not actually do what it says.

OK, you may be using AJAX on your site, but you're not asking AJAX questions, nor are you posting AJAX code.

Again, were my assumptions about what you're trying to do correct?

If they are, what happens when you echo your $username variable? I'm thinking that your $_POST variable isn't being passed to this page.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.