PHP Addressbook

nitestryker

I started this project about 6 months ago haven't had much time to work on it or complete it but here it is please give me your feedback.

Features *

Add Contacts (stores in MySQL)

Edit Contacts

Export Contacts to CSV

Email Contacts Via Outlook or Straight from the AddressBook Via Php Mail

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

( please use Firefox Looks Best In Firefox)

http://nitestryker.com/address/contacts.php

please give me your feedback

Cross Site Scripting(XSS):

You can submit ">code when adding a contact and it will execute on the contacts page.

Full Path Disclosure:

http://nitestryker.com/address/edit.php

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /nfs/c02/h03/mnt/29237/domains/nitestryker.com/html/address/edit.php on line 16

You receive this when adding a contact:

contact added

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c02/h03/mnt/29237/domains/nitestryker.com/html/address/addcontact.php:19) in /nfs/c02/h03/mnt/29237/domains/nitestryker.com/html/address/addcontact.php on line 21

• 5 months later...

Thanks for the feedback, I am already aware of the ability to use XSS when adding contacts I plan to fix that as soon as I have time. what about the overal design I suck at doing the graphics and design part, I would like to hear your feed back on the design.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c02/h03/mnt/29237/domains/nitestryker.com/html/address/edit.php:15) in /nfs/c02/h03/mnt/29237/domains/nitestryker.com/html/address/edit.php on line 16

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /nfs/c02/h03/mnt/29237/domains/nitestryker.com/html/address/edit.php on line 18

i just noticed it only occurs in web developer bar not firebug  :P

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/60

edit.php:

<?php
$connect= new mysqli('localhost','user','pass','db'); //connecting to MYSQLI
function clean($text){
$text=strip_tags(trim(mysql_real_escape_string($text)));
}
//sanitizing variables for XSS/SQL injection
$Job_Title= clean($_POST['Job_Title']);
$Work_Phone= clean($_POST['Work_Phone']);
$Work_Fax= clean($_POST['Work_Fax']);
$Website= clean($_POST['Website']);
$update= clean($_POST['update']);
$sql= $connect ->prepare("INSERT INTO table VALUES (?,?,?,?,?)"); //preparing MYSQLI statement
$sql ->bind_param
('sssss',$Job_Title,$Work_Phone,$Work_Fax,$Website,$update); //binding MYSQL values to statement
$sql ->execute(); //execute prepared MYSQLI statement
?>

doing the following would greatly reduce Injection ;D

The code I used was similar to the one above. hoeever I don't want to post my variables here so i will just give you an example.

above I connect to my DB

below that

/* clean function */

function make_clean_general($var) {  	       
return mysql_real_escape_string(trim($var)); }

$variable = make_clean_general($_POST['variable']);

[/code]

and then I insert those variables into my database.

when I did a test last night I tried to do a meta redirect in one of the form input fields and it didn't allow it.  although some things still worked so I am probably gonna have to write something else. the problem is time, right now I just don't have alot of time to

continue this project. but what I would like to do is re-write the whole thing using this as a base and  make a better more secure one.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.