[SOLVED] Help with refreshing a page after adding something to a popup box.

mazman13

I'm creating a database that will have guest information for a radio show. I guess it's kinda their own version of IMDB but for the show itself.

They will be able to add guest info to the database and then pull up the contact info when needed.

My problem is this...

Lets say they put the information in for Tom Hanks.

They put in his contact info and then they go on to his pub. or agent info..

Lets say his agent is United Artists.

What I don't want the user typing in 5 different types "United Artists" in the database.

i.e. - "united artists" "united artists inc." "the united artists"...ect

Because that would make it very difficult to locate artists for that agent.

So on the form there will be a drop downbox full of these guys. If someone is not on it, there is a "new" link that will open a pop-up box so you can add a new agent (name, contact, ect). When they click Submit on that popup...what is the BEST way to have the page they have been working on refresh and add the new agent into the drop box? What is the best way to do this? AJAX? Or am I going about this the wrong way?

Yeah, i thought about that. but then we run into having 3 different people not look and type in 3 of the same guys in the database...maybe i should have a admin section for the agent section. were you have to go to another page to add/edit/delete a agent from the "add guest" form.

think that will work?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.