Updating PHP on Windows (with TSW) . . . how?

What's the least painful way to update PHP (from 5.0 to 5.2.6) on Windows?

The problem (or, the challenge) is that this is on a production server.

The previous developers installed TSW (The Saint WAMP), and I don't want to break anything that's already running.

Is there a really simple way to upgrade just the PHP installation? Would it be as easy as downloading PHP and replacing just those files?

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance.

It depends on how TSW has configured PHP. You should be able to just download the latest zipped binaries package for PHP5 from php.net and extract the contents of the zip to where PHP is currently installed (overwriting existing files/folders).  This should upgrade PHP. But seeing as TSW is a pre-configured package of other software this may be easier said than done.

This is the problem with all-in-one packages such as XAMPP, WAMP, TSW etc. They limit you to what you can do when upgrading certain components. I always prefer a manual install myself - especially for a live site. That way if things go wrong I know how to sort it out and know that upgrading any component wont break another.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.