help.php my site won't connect to the database

pls..i do need help..i can't connect my site to the database that i made. i have already change the details in my php script with the one provided by the web hosting site.pls..help me with this one..i'm getting the error:

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\xampp\GPS_Php4\connection.php on line 24

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: A link to the server could not be established in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\xampp\GPS_Php4\connection.php on line 24

<?php

$mysql_host = "mysql3.000webhost.com";
$mysql_database = "a5200862_shop";
$mysql_user = "a5200862_tine";
$mysql_password = "youknowwho";

if($con=@mysql_connect($mysql_host,$mysql_user,$mysql_password))
{
echo "You are connected";
}
else {
echo "Not Connected";
}
$con=mysql_select_db($mysql_database);
?>

i've already check the table names and column also the database name and so on..pls,...help help..i really need to pass this project..:) thank you so much in advance!!!

i used your codes but still i'm not able to connect to the database..It falls on the die statement which is "error in selecting db".. and i've check the database name over and over again..i really don't have any idea what's going on..there server is still up by the way..any comments..plss...i really need help ??? :(

Post the current code and the error message.

The original code did not stop when there was an error with the msyql_connect(), so the mysql_select_db() attempted to make a connection using default values, which failed. You should have received the "Not Connected" message.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.