[SOLVED] Ajax Newsletter, got it working, just one little problem...

JohnnieQ

Hello,

First of all i am a big noob on PHP, MySQL, AJAX...

After a lot of strugeling i finaly set up a database and made a Ajax Newsletter which i got from this site: http://www.roscripts.com/Ajax_newsletter_form-146.html#

Now everything works, if you sign up you get the confirmation email, you confirm and your subscribed..

All good, except i would like to get a email too if someone subscribes, can this be done?

The roscript site itself is not very helpfull...

I uploaded the rar. file to Mediafire so you wont have to sign up for downloading it: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=e3c2b5ab4eddb4bbd2db6fb9a8902bda

I hope someone can help me with this! Thanks

All you want to do is add yourself to the email? Just add your email address to the "to" part of your PHP mail() function. If you don't want the same email, but a different one, just do another mail() function if the first one was a success.

This should be moved to the PHP forum.

All you want to do is add yourself to the email? Just add your email address to the "to" part of your PHP mail() function.

Also, if you are going to add yourself to the same email they are getting, you might want to put yourself in the BCC header instead, so they don't see that you are getting it.

To elaborate I mean change this:

<?php
	$headers = 	'From: me@localhost.com'. "\r\n" .
			'Reply-To: me@localhost.com' . "\r\n" .
			'X-Mailer: PHP/' . phpversion();
?>

to

<?php
	$headers = 	'From: me@localhost.com'. "\r\n" .
			'Bcc: you@youremail.com' . "\r\n" . //Added this line
			'Reply-To: me@localhost.com' . "\r\n" .
			'X-Mailer: PHP/' . phpversion();
?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.