Direction Problem

ballouta

Hello

I tried to modify my css many times but nothing is working, I hope this can be solved easily here.

I am trying to edit an HTML page to write in the white space. If i write any english word/sentence, it works perfect... (direction ltr as known)

you may see a live preview here: www.dmcpublisher.com/Store

If i just make the (text-align: right), the text goes out of the white space where it should stay inside! I want to add arabic text which begins from right to left.

live preview: www.dmcpublisher.com/Store/index2.html

Many thanks

There is also a shorthand margin property, which is great if you're setting each side differently. The sequence is clockwise from the top — top, right, bottom, left.

div {margin: 20px 0px 100px 10px; }

Note that there are just spaces between the values, no semicolons.

not sure what only 2 rules go for i normally would use 0s to fille all for if using shorthand code

If the shorthand is used, and a value is left out, CSS fills it in using the values that exist. Here are some examples.

This:

margin: 10;

Is the same as this:

margin: 10 10 10 10;

Since left, bottom, and right are missing, it sets all the values to the one value that exists - ten.

Next, this:

margin: 10 20;

Is the same as this:

margin: 10 20 10 20;

Since the top value is set to ten, and the bottom value is missing, it sets the bottom value to the same as the top value - ten. Since the left value is missing, it sets the left value to the same as the right value - 20.

Next, this:

margin: 10 20 30;

Is the same as this:

margin: 10 20 30 20;

Since the left value is missing, it sets the left value o the same as the right value - thirty.

Edit: So for the OP - he had a left padding of 25 pixels, but nothing set for the top, right, and bottom padding. I gave code that set the top and bottom padding to zero, and the right padding the same as the left padding - 25 pixels.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.