PHP store

robcrozier

Hi everyone.  I've been given the job of developing a PHP driven store on someone's website.  Normally this wouldn't cause me too many problems.  However this one requires certain products to have additional options (i.e. colour, size etc...) which can be selected/specified before the item is added to the cart by the user.  Shopping carts are usually developed along the lines of... product_no->quantity, simple!  However, what about adding a product to the cart that could have any number of different specified options etc?

It's not just the cart that i'm interested in getting a bit of advice about - it's also how i would go about defining the different options for each product based upon the product itself using PHP (e.g. a pair of shoes may require the user to input size, however a kitchen unit may require:colour, finish, size, etc).  I must also bare in mind that additional products and product types may be added by the user through a cms.

As i have already mentioned i know how to build an average store and shopping cart - it's the uncertainty of the additional product options that's causing me problems.

I'm not expecting anyone to tell me exactly how to go about this in a post - however can anyone point me in the right direction, give me some pointers or point me in the direction of a good tutorial etc?

Thanks for your time guys - hope you understand whet i'm looking for

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.