Detect Title Tag

rammac13

Does anyone know of a way to detect what is in the title tag of a page? What I am attempting to do is have some code that will detect whatever the title of my page is and input it directly into a tag cloud that will be at the bottom of the page. Any Ideas? In any Language?

also here is more info on ways to do it

Sometimes, you might want to get the current page URL that is shown in the browser URL window. For example if you want to let your visitors submit a blog post to Digg you need to get that same exact URL. There are plenty of other reasons as well. Here is how you can do that.

Add the following code to a page:

<?php
function curPageURL() {
$pageURL = 'http';
if ($_SERVER["HTTPS"] == "on") {$pageURL .= "s";}
$pageURL .= "://";
if ($_SERVER["SERVER_PORT"] != "80") {
  $pageURL .= $_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"].":".$_SERVER["SERVER_PORT"].$_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"];
} else {
  $pageURL .= $_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"].$_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"];
}
return $pageURL;
}
?>

You can now get the current page URL using the line:

<?php
  echo curPageURL();
?>

Sometimes it is needed to get the page name only. The following example shows how to do it:

<?php
function curPageName() {
return substr($_SERVER["SCRIPT_NAME"],strrpos($_SERVER["SCRIPT_NAME"],"/")+1);
}

echo "The current page name is ".curPageName();
?>

Ok so I think I am getting close. I am trying to put the title name (link) into a link on the page. but I am not sure how to call it correctly. I have javascript:tagLink in the a href link but that is not correct. What am I missing. Thanks.

<html>

<head>

<title> link </title>

<script type="text/javascript">

function getTagCloudLink()

{

var tagLink = document.getElementsByTagName("title")[0].innerHTML

;

}

</script>

</head>

<body>

<p><a href="shop-enzy.com/store/index.html()">javascript:tagLink</a></p>

</body>

</html>

Simpler or not, it's outdated, and requires combining your javascript in your html, which goes against the practice these days of keeping your HTML, CSS and Javascript separate and in separate files.

I think document.write may even be deprecated, though I'm not 100% sure of that.

But I would never use it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.