[SOLVED] Help with table layout

omarf

I'm using DaDaBIK as the front end for a mySQL database and I need some help setting a table layout.

The details of a record page currently looks like this:

Field1  Value1

Field2  Value2

Field3  Value3

Field4  Value4

...etc

I wish to style it like this

Field1  Value1  |  Field2  Value2

Field3  Value3  |  Field4  Value4

...etc

Below is the part of the php file that controls the output of this page:

function build_details_table($fields_labels_ar, $res_details)
// goal: build an html table with details of a record
// input: $fields_labels_ar $res_details (the result of the query)
// ouptut: $details_table, the html table
{
global $conn, $quote, $alias_prefix, $prefix_internal_table;

// build the table
$details_table = "";

$details_table .= "<table>";

while ($details_row = fetch_row_db($res_details)){ // should be just one

$count_temp = count($fields_labels_ar);
	for ($i=0; $i<$count_temp; $i++){
		if ($fields_labels_ar[$i]["present_details_form_field"] == "1"){
			$field_name_temp = $fields_labels_ar[$i]["name_field"];

// hack for mssql, an empty varchar ('') is returned as ' ' by the driver, see http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=26315
			// could be not set if it's a foreign key
			if (isset($details_row[$field_name_temp]) && $details_row[$field_name_temp] === ' ') {
				$details_row[$field_name_temp] = '';
			} // end if

$field_values_ar = array(); // reset the array containing values to display, otherwise for each loop if I don't call build_linked_field_values_ar I have the previous values

$primary_key_field_field = $fields_labels_ar[$i]["primary_key_field_field"];
			if ($primary_key_field_field != ""){
				$primary_key_field_field = $fields_labels_ar[$i]["primary_key_field_field"];
				$primary_key_table_field = $fields_labels_ar[$i]["primary_key_table_field"];
				$primary_key_db_field = $fields_labels_ar[$i]["primary_key_db_field"];
				$linked_fields_field = $fields_labels_ar[$i]["linked_fields_field"];
				$linked_fields_ar = explode($fields_labels_ar[$i]["separator_field"], $linked_fields_field);
				$alias_suffix_field = $fields_labels_ar[$i]["alias_suffix_field"];

// get the list of all the installed tables
				$tables_names_ar = build_tables_names_array(0);

// if the linked table is installed I can get type content and separator of the linked field
				if (in_array($primary_key_table_field, $tables_names_ar)) {
					$linked_table_installed = 1;

$fields_labels_linked_field_ar = build_fields_labels_array($prefix_internal_table.$primary_key_table_field, "1");
				} // end if
				else {
					$linked_table_installed = 0;
				} // end else

for ($j=0;$j<count($linked_fields_ar);$j++) {
					////*$field_values_ar[$j] = $details_row[$linked_fields_ar[$j].$alias_prefix.$alias_suffix_field];
					$field_values_ar[$j] = $details_row[$primary_key_table_field.$alias_prefix.$linked_fields_ar[$j].$alias_prefix.$alias_suffix_field];

} // end for

/*
				$linked_field_values_ar = build_linked_field_values_ar($details_row[$field_name_temp], $primary_key_field_field, $primary_key_table_field, $primary_key_db_field, $linked_fields_ar);
				*/
				/*
				if (substr($foreign_key_temp, 0, 4) == "SQL:"){
					$sql = substr($foreign_key_temp, 4, strlen($foreign_key_temp)-4);
				} // end if
				else{
				*/
				//$field_values_ar = $linked_field_values_ar;
			}
			else{
				$field_values_ar[0] = $details_row[$field_name_temp];
			}

$count_temp_2 = count($field_values_ar);
			$details_table .= "<tr><td class=\"td_label_details\"><b>".$fields_labels_ar[$i]["label_field"]."</b></td><td class=\"td_value_details\">";
			for ($j=0; $j<$count_temp_2; $j++) {

// if it's a linked field and the linked table is installed, get the correct $field_type $field_content $field_separator
				if ($primary_key_field_field != "" && $primary_key_field_field != NULL && $linked_table_installed === 1){

foreach ($fields_labels_linked_field_ar as $fields_labels_linked_field_ar_element){
						if ($fields_labels_linked_field_ar_element['name_field'] === $linked_fields_ar[$j]) {
							$linked_field_type = $fields_labels_linked_field_ar_element['type_field'];
							$linked_field_content = $fields_labels_linked_field_ar_element['content_field'];
							$linked_field_separator = $fields_labels_linked_field_ar_element['separator_field'];
						} // end if
					} // end foreach

reset($fields_labels_linked_field_ar);

$field_to_display = get_field_correct_displaying($field_values_ar[$j], $linked_field_type, $linked_field_content, $linked_field_separator, "details_table"); // get the correct display mode for the field
				} // end if
				else {
					$field_to_display = get_field_correct_displaying($field_values_ar[$j], $fields_labels_ar[$i]["type_field"], $fields_labels_ar[$i]["content_field"], $fields_labels_ar[$i]["separator_field"], "details_table"); // get the correct display mode for the field
				} // end else

$details_table .= $field_to_display." "; // at the field value to the table
			}
			$details_table = substr($details_table, 0, -6); // delete the last  
			$details_table .= "</td></tr>";

//$field_to_display = get_field_correct_displaying($details_row[$field_name_temp], $fields_labels_ar[$i]["type_field"], $fields_labels_ar[$i]["content_field"], $fields_labels_ar[$i]["separator_field"], "details_table"); // get the correct display mode for the field

//$details_table .= "<tr><td class=\"td_label_details\"><b>".$fields_labels_ar[$i]["label_field"]."</b></td><td class=\"td_value_details\">".$field_to_display."</td></tr>";
		} // end if
	} // end for
} // end while

$details_table .= "</table>";

return $details_table;
} // end function build_details_table

And here is the current CSS code for the tags on this page:

/********* DETAIL PAGE *********  */

/* the cell that contains the label */
.td_label_details{
text-align: right;
vertical-align: top;
}

/* the cell that contains the value */
.td_value_details{
vertical-align: top;
}

I've attached the full php file as well as the complete css file. To see this in action: http://www.smofco.com/dada . I'm a PHP newbie and learning as I go, so thanks for any input!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Never mind, solved with an odd/even checking loop.

if($i % 2) {
			$details_table .= "<tr><td class=\"td_label_details\"><b>".$fields_labels_ar[$i]["label_field"]."</b></td><td class=\"td_value_details\">";
		} else {
			$details_table .= "<td class=\"td_label_details\"><b>".$fields_labels_ar[$i]["label_field"]."</b></td><td class=\"td_value_details\">";
		} // end else

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.