[SOLVED] Php with time recurrence

nathan1

Hi Guys,

I have a general question on how i would go about setting php with time recurrence. I have a event type of setup and i want to be able to add in recurrence, for example instead of setting the start and finish time of the event, i want to add in the option "every week", or once a week etc...

just wondering how i would tackle this problem, appreciate any ideas,

cheers

Hi Guys,

I have a general question on how i would go about setting php with time recurrence. I have a event type of setup and i want to be able to add in recurrence, for example instead of setting the start and finish time of the event, i want to add in the option "every week", or once a week etc...

just wondering how i would tackle this problem, appreciate any ideas,

cheers

Well you can use cron jobs to keep running it every say week.

The closest php script (instead of cron) to do it would probably look something like:

<?php
set_time_out(0);
ignore_user_abort(true);
$_vew["config"]["days"] = 0;
$_vew["config"]["hours"] = 0;
$_vew["config"]["minutes"] = 5;
$_vew["config"]["seconds"] = 5;

$_vew["time"]["total"] = $_vew["config"]["seconds"] + ($_vew["config"]["minutes"]*60) + (($_vew["config"]["hours"]*60)*60) + ((($_vew["config"]["days"]*24)*60)*60);

do
{
//execute code to do every <x> time
sleep($_vew["time"]["total"]);
}
while (true);
?>

Haven't tested though.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.