[SOLVED] Includes question

GameYin

Hah damn been a long time since I've been here..

I have this page http://www.devwebsites.com/sitedevs/

I get an error when trying to do this

include "default.php?pageTitle=Home";

default.php includes the dtd, all the same crap that begins every page. I want a custom <title> though for each page and that is where pageTitle comes in. If I went to index.php where I have include "default.php?pageTitle=Home";, the <title> will read: SiteDevs * Home. Get it?

Anyway it's giving me an error on include "default.php?pageTitle=Home";

My default.php works just fine because if I go there and manually do it it shows fine.

here's my theroy:

this will not work, as include opens a file from the drive, and doesn't send a url request to a webserver. as a result, putting $_GET variables after the filename will mess you up... the include in your script is looking for a file in the current folder thats actually called "default.php?pageTitle=Home" and not "default.php" and then passing it pageTitle=Home.

here's my theroy:

this will not work, as include opens a file from the drive, and doesn't send a url request to a webserver. as a result, putting $_GET variables after the filename will mess you up... the include in your script is looking for a file in the current folder thats actually called "default.php?pageTitle=Home" and not "default.php" and then passing it pageTitle=Home.

my bad didn't see that part

Holy crap a lot of replies...

I figured out it was going for the literal string. I ended up doing something like this.

default.php part

<title>SiteDevs • <? echo $pageTitle; ?></title>

index.php part

$pageTitle="Home";

include 'default.php';

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.