[SOLVED] Unserilize

dropfaith

the top one works the bottom doesnt any obvious reason why?

$Archetypes1 = ($row->Archetypes);

$Archetypes2 = unserialize($Archetypes1);

$Scenes1 = ($row->Scenes);

$Scenes2 = unserialize($Scenes1);

ive echoed both Scenes1 and Scenes2

Scenes1 (makes the serlized array display on screen

Scenes2 just prints the word array

its part of a much bigger code im not directly echoing them out that was just for debugging

<?php
//Create the array of selected values
$Scenes1 = ($row->Scenes);
$Scenes2 = unserialize($Scenes1);
$checkOptions = array (
'Having a romantic dinner by candlelight', 'I am spanked because I have been a naughty boy or girl', 
'A stranger walks into my bedroom and finds me playing with myselfI am sold on a slave market', 
        'I am a foot slave, forced to care for my Mistress feet', 'I am a piece for furniture, only useful as a tabletop, etc', 
'I am forced to behave as a gender I am not', 'I am a dirty slut and must be punished', 'I am used as a slave in public', 
'I am used as a slave in private', 'I am ordered to please others', 'I am a little schoolgirl or schoolboy', 
'I am sitting/kneeling at my Mistress feet', 'I am are tied and teased', 'I am grabbed by the hair and dragged into the bedroom', 
'I am used as a dog, pony or pet', 'I am verbally humiliated', 'I am tied, gagged and blindfolded and left alone', 
'I am tied, gagged, blindfolded and thoroughly whipped', 'My physical limits are tested and stretched', 
'My mental limits are tested and stretched', 'I am a total slave every day of the week'
    );
foreach ($checkOptions as $option)
{
    $selected = (in_array($option, $Scenes2))?' checked="checked"':'';
    echo "<input type=\"checkbox\" name=\"Scenes[]\" value=\"$option\"$selected />$option<br />\n";
}
echo $Scenes1;
echo "<br />";
echo $Scenes2;
?>

works i cant see a difference

<?php
$Archetypes1 = ($row->Archetypes);
$Archetypes2 = unserialize($Archetypes1);
$checkOptions = array (
    'Soldiers, marines, paratroopers', 'Sailors, coast guard, merchant marine',
    'Airmen, pilots', 'Policewomen, security people', 'Truck drivers', 'Firemen',
    'Executioners', 'Nurses, doctors', 'Prostitutes, tramps', 'Cruel/abusive women',
    'Cowgirl', 'Surfers, life guards', 'Biker chicks', 'Warrior/Wrestler', 'Royalty, nobility',
    'Business people. managers, the boss', 'Divas', 'Teachers', 'Daddy', 'Mommy'
    );
{
    $selected = (in_array($option, $Archetypes2))?' checked="checked"':'';
    echo "<input type=\"checkbox\" name=\"Archetypes[]\" value=\"$option\"$selected />$option<br />\n";
}
?>

the following works fine for me. the only thing i did was manually set the value for $Scenes2 and split two items where you forgot a ',' on line two of the big array

<?php
//$Scenes1 = ($row->Scenes);
//$Scenes2 = unserialize($Scenes1);
$Scenes2 = array(
  'I am spanked because I have been a naughty boy or girl',
  'A stranger walks into my bedroom and finds me playing with myself'
);
$checkOptions = array (
   'Having a romantic dinner by candlelight', 'I am spanked because I have been a naughty boy or girl', 
   'A stranger walks into my bedroom and finds me playing with myself','I am sold on a slave market', 
   'I am a foot slave, forced to care for my Mistress feet', 'I am a piece for furniture, only useful as a tabletop, etc', 
   'I am forced to behave as a gender I am not', 'I am a dirty slut and must be punished', 'I am used as a slave in public', 
   'I am used as a slave in private', 'I am ordered to please others', 'I am a little schoolgirl or schoolboy', 
   'I am sitting/kneeling at my Mistress feet', 'I am are tied and teased', 'I am grabbed by the hair and dragged into the bedroom', 
   'I am used as a dog, pony or pet', 'I am verbally humiliated', 'I am tied, gagged and blindfolded and left alone', 
   'I am tied, gagged, blindfolded and thoroughly whipped', 'My physical limits are tested and stretched', 
   'My mental limits are tested and stretched', 'I am a total slave every day of the week'
);
{
    $selected = (in_array($option, $Scenes2))?' checked="checked"':'';
    echo "<input type=\"checkbox\" name=\"Scenes[]\" value=\"$option\"$selected />$option<br />\n";
}
?>

Array
(
    [0] => I am spanked because I have been a naughty boy or girl 
    [1] => A stranger walks into my bedroom and finds me playing with myself 
)

(edited by kenrbnsn to add

tags)

lol wut?

Unserialize is quite easy to understand.

If you stick an array into serialize() you will get a string. unserialize that string as a var ($var = unser...) and you get that same array structure under the new variable name.

Chris

Array
(
)

tags)

lol wut?

...yeah...it's taken all of my energy not to comment about the values in the array...

Array
(
)

tags)

lol wut?

...yeah...it's taken all of my energy not to comment about the values in the array...

I found this especially hilarious:

Chris

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.