[SOLVED] reading an offsite file and sending post info

Pyrozz

I need to read a file from a site that requires me to login.

More specifically... I would like to design a php script that retrieves information from my cell phone provider's website. My old cellphone provider allowed me to do this:

fopen("www.my_old_cell_provider.com/infopage?user=username&pass=password","r");

fread, etc....

But my new service provider's website won't take the GET data, so it requires it to be by POST. And it get's more complicated... There is a login page that the username and password needs to be sent to, and then there is an info page the script will be retreiving info from.

So I can't figure out how to make a php script "browse" another site and sign in etc. I know how to read offsite files, but how do I send information to the site and then have the site recognize my server as a logged-in-user? Since this is the only way to retrieve confidential information.

I think it can be done with cURL, I don't know. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.