Recover MySQL Database after Windows Server 2003 crash

StillAlive

We have a Windows Server 2003 machine with Zend Core installed which includes PHP, phpMyAdmin and MySQL. over the weekend that server crashed and now it won't boot up, so I want to recover that MySQL database. I looked in the MySQL data folder and found a folder with my database name and inside some .frm files, each with the table names in my database and also a db.opt

I imported that folder to the MySQL Data folder on another server and phpMyAdmin recognizes it but it only shows the database structure.

My question is, where can I find the data from my database? (remember, I can not boot windows)

any help would be much appreciated

Basically everything inside mysql/data directory. Be sure to move it to same version of mysql server. Although be aware that data might got corrupted during crash. Hope you have backups and/or binary logs.

sadly I dont have any backups :(

I copied that folder into a new server, replaced the default data folder on that new installation with the data folder from the old, crashed server. when I try to restart the MySQL service I get an error message:

"Could not start MySQL service on Local Computer.

Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly"

also, is there anywhere I can find these binary logs you mentioned?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.