How to recreate this

ryy705

Hello,

I am trying to learn css by examining various sites I see online.  But I'm stumped on this one.  And since this is just a pic can't see the css.

How did they get the 'suncasting' logo to spill over to the box on the right?

Any ideas?

I am trying to learn css by examining various sites I see online.

That is probably about as difficult a way to learn CSS as you can get. Sit down and spend some time learning the basics first, then put together a couple sites, and after that you can start deconstructing sites, as you will be able to understand what exactly it is that they are doing.

If you are interested in my method of doing this effect, then have a look at my blog in IE7+ (or better browser).

Basically i just placed additional divs using absolute positioning, and applied a z-index to each of these elements. That would have been much harder using floats, since it would require a lot of div wrapping, which i wont get into.

The way not to do this effect, is by simply applying a background to the entire page/element, or to slice up an image and put it into a table.

Please note that for absolute positioning to work inside the element, rather then having all elements being positioned relative to the root, you will need a wrapper and position that wrapper, that can be done by simply applying position: relative;.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.