[SOLVED] position:absolute & fixed | bugs

mysterbx

Hello,

i implemented a script to my search engine...

and it doesnt look very well when you scroll the page... you can scroll as far as you want, the page has no end, but it shoud... right?

could someone help me out? i tried position-absolute and fixed but nothing works, well script works on IE, but not on firefox or safari.

my test site: http://www.bxsearch.com/testas/#

to see the script click on "Static message (Example 1)" on the very top.

That doesn't however justify running a site with the intention of linking, or providing search results linking to warez. Each should clean up in their own house to the extend possible.

You should also really consider who you are linking to, these warez sites not only scam people. I.e. Usually they lie about offering stuff they don't have, and requires you to pay, or vote for whatever reason just to get to the download link. Often you pick up a bunch of viruses, malware, and trojans in this process.

Now is that really what you want to provide your users with? Most of these scamming sites or (made for advertising) network of all sorts of malicious sites have a really bad reputation, and is almost living entirely on people searching for the words "warez, key-gens, cracks" through SEs.

Only having a nearly useless search engine, and a bunch of links to external sites with same lack of real content will only drive visitors away, and the intentions of the webmaster running such a site is likely to be advertising revenue from the people unfortunate enough to waste their time on the given site.

I also had a closer look at the warez site you where getting the recently viewed downloads from, and it was the same useless junk as usual.

I'll make this simple:

test site - site for test, upgraded version of this site

you hate the site, i also DID, now after the test site will be moved to the real site, you will not find any fake links...

I never had popups,scam,viruses or other stuff...

usenext.de is a real company, has most of the stuff i link to, everything on my site will be clean tommorow.

Dont like warez, use torrents i dont care,,,....

Then why would anyone make a "test" site linking to bad neighborhoods such as warez sites? Your domain just risk getting a bad reputation, and may even get tagged as a bad neighborhood by SEs.

I didn't say i hated anything, however i do disslike sites that are made for advertising alone, as they generally add no value for their visitors.

Almost anyone can create a page, and base search results of some other page, or even fill out their page with links provided by some other website or sitemap/rss. Neither did i say you had any of the mentioned, but generally these networks are full of it.

But lets leave it at that, and get back to the main topic.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.