Rotate Div?

oneofayykind

I have a php calendar on my site. I would like to customize the calendar and add a bg image behind it which I know how to do...but what I would like to do is rotate the calendar so it doesnt look so "flat". My site is http://www.theallentree.com and the bg image i'm talking about adding to the calendar is something like http://www.theallentree.com/images/calendarbg.jpg. That isnt the exact image but something to that affect and as you can see the bg image is not straight so I would like to be able to take the actually calendar itself and rotate it to look like it is part of that bg image. Anyone have any ideas on how I could go about doing this?

There is nothing wrong with using flash, most users have flash installed these days, one reason why flash is fine for banners and animation, even (UIs in some cases) is that larger video sites are all using flash, which again has made even more users install a flash player on their system.

But i agree that its not the best solution, at least not to display a calender.

The alternative would be to position each letter a few pixels up, so it looks like the text is rotated in about 25.00 degrees angle, however that wouldn't rotate the letters them self. And i don't think you can do this with JavaScript either.

You may also want to consider that the effect you would like is, and i would even say to far away from standard UI behaviour, so it would end up confusing your users.

Also using images instead of text is really a bad idea, atleast when it comes to creating navigation menus. Its still an option, but i would simply consider it impractical. If you chose to do so anyway, you can then generate the calender using GD library or similar.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.