[SOLVED] Help with how to set up this betting table

turkman

Hey,

I'm trying to set up a betting section for mywebsite. Its basically going to give people betting tips. But i want to update it from a content management system. Which i can do. My problem is how to store the information in the table.

So say two football teams are playing. In my CMS i would have the following

Event[      ]Date             [   ]
who is playing [     ]
who will win    [     ]
what odds      [     ]
stake             [     ]
[submit bet]    [add another team]

Ok everything with this would be fine, unless i didnt want an option to add another team. I would have just set up a table and added all the following in, which i can do if they press submit bet.

However if i want to recommend a multiple bet, i.e two teams or more to win. I want to be able to store that in the database. If i just add it to the database then it will have a different bet id.

if i dont use bet id as an auto increment how can i keep track of what id im on.

Also how can i set the html up so that when i hit a button it will add an extra row and keep all the current information stored or if that is even possible

A typical method would be to have 2 tables, say, "bet" and "bet_item"

[pre]

Bet              bet_item

---------        ----------

betID  -----+    itemID

date        +--< betID

userID          team

stake

odds [/pre]

Each item for a bet would have the same betID

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.