Calculating fields using jQuery

playaz

Hi guys,

I am building a form that will automatically calculate the values entered by a user ideally using jQuery/javascript, i am not sure how to do this but have a general idea of the logic required (i am no expert so feel free to correct me) - I have created a dummy image to help explain what I am trying to do.

http://img399.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tablehw2.png

I have a single form, which has two tables each with form fields that automatically calculate the total amount for each table provided it has been selected.

Using jQuery - I would expect the logic to be something like -

i) Find the table element

ii) Find all the text fields within the table that have a value

iii) Add these together and display in the 'total' form field within the last row of each table

While i'm ok on the PHP, javascript is something I still get confused with at times - I would appreciate any help on doing this, and if possible a quick overview to help me learn from the code.

Thanks in advance

Gaz

[attachment deleted by admin]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.