Creating pdf on the fly and attaching it to an email

realjumper

Hi,

My little application is for staff to purchase stationary from the stationary officer....each staff member is allowed $20 per month for basic stationary like white board markers, staples etc etc etc.

I have created a shopping cart and the application works well, however, the staff member, once they have 'checked out' needs to go to the stationary officer to pick up the goods. To make life easy for the staff member, and to keep a paper record of purchases, I would like a PDF of the purchase to be emailed to the purchaser which he/she would then take to the stationary officer and swap for the goods. Just like a e-ticket for an airline booking for example.

As I said, the shopping cart is working fine. I can send emails, no problem. I can create a PDF on the fly with the purchaser could view by clicking a link as well. What I can't do, and I can't find out how to, is to create the PDF and download it to a temporary directory on the server (I guess), then attach it to an email.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please? 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.