radio buttons that remember.

poleposters

On my site I have links across the top of my page for certain categories.

Each link opens up a search form for that category. The search forms are essentially the same. The user selects their location and chooses their sex, male or female using radio buttons.

What I'd like to do. Is for the search forms to remember the sex of the user so they don't have to select the radio buttons every time they visit another category link.

So if they visit category one, select their sex and perform a search. I want to store the radio button input. So if they want to visit category two.The form still holds the same preferences from the category one form.

Are sessions the best way to go? Is it too much of a strain on resources to create a session on every search?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.