PHP Drop Down List with MS Access db

bCourtney07

Hello All,

I have an access database for class registration, and I can't figure out how to create drop down lists from dates of the class.  I was just wondering if someone could assist with this, or know of a good tutorial or something.

What I need to have done is, have one drop down box for the class name, and when a class name is selected, a second drop down box auto populates with the dates associated with the class name in the database.

Here is the main form code

<?php
//config file contains connection to the database. 
require("config.php");
$today = date("m/d/Y"); 
$Class_Date = "SELECT Class_Date, Class_Name FROM Class_Information WHERE Class_Date >= '$today' AND Class_Name = 'ARP' ";
$rs = $conn->Execute($Class_Date);
?>
<form action="Register.php" method="post">
<table border="1" align="center"><tr><td>Employee Name: </td><td><input type=text name=Employee_Name></td></tr>
</tr><tr><td>Extension: </td><td><input type=text name=Extension></td></tr><tr><td>Class Name:</td><td><select name=Class_Name><option value=" ">Please select class</option><option value=ARP>ARP</option><option value="Skills Day">Skills Day</option></select></td></tr>
<?php while (!$rs->EOF) { ?>
<tr><td>Class Dates:</td><td><select name="Class_Date"><option><?php echo $rs->Fields['Class_Date']->Value ?></option></select></td>
<?php $rs->MoveNext(); ?>
<?php  } ?>
</tr><tr><td colspan="2"><input type="submit" value="Register"></td></tr></table></form>
<?php
//closes all connections
$rs->Close();
$conn->Close();
$rs = null;
$conn = null;
?>

config.php

<?php
$conn = new COM ("ADODB.Connection") or die("Cannot start ADO");
$connStr = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=F:\Class Registration/Class_Registration.mdb;";
$conn->open($connStr); //Open the connection to the database
?>

and the register.php file is just the file that enters the info into the database.  Any help or direction in this would be greatly appreciated! I have attached what the form looks like with the code above also.

THanks so much!

[attachment deleted by admin]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.