Remote ftp error: ftp_put, fopen, fwrite

majocmatt

I have a simple form here (code that I actually got from someone else), and what I'm doing is retrieving this file from another remote server and showing it in a textarea field. That works lovely. It shows up just fine in the textarea.

The problem is when I submit the form, and it tries to connect to the other remote server again, it fails on fopen, fwrite, fclose and ftp_put. What I want to happen is that when you submit, it alters that file on the other server. Here is the code I'm using, followed by the errors I've received.

Any ideas why it works when connecting and reading the first time, but then it can't open or write the second pass.

I've chmodded the file and every directory in its path to 777. I have gotten this to work, only by moving the file to the root directory, which is pointless for the reasons I need to use it.

So, it sounds like a permissions issue, but I've chmodded everything, and even before I did, the directories were set to 755, which should have allowed the file to read. Anyhow.. any ideas? Thank you.

<?php

$config = array
    (
    'ftp_user'  => '*******',
    'ftp_pass'  => '*******',
    'domain'    => 'mydomain.com',
    'file'      => 'path/to/my/file.txt',
    );

if(isset($_POST['submit']))
    {
    $fp = fopen($config['file'],'w');
    fwrite($fp,stripslashes($_POST['newd']));
    fclose($fp);

$ftp = ftp_connect($config['domain']);
    ftp_login($ftp,$config['ftp_user'],$config['ftp_pass']);
    ftp_put($ftp,$config['file'],$config['file'],FTP_ASCII);
    ftp_close($ftp);
    }
?>
<form method="post" action="<?=( $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] )?>">
<textarea name="newd" cols="40" rows="15"><?=( file_get_contents('ftp://'.$config['ftp_user'].':'.$config['ftp_pass'].'@'.$config['domain'].'/'.$config['file']) )?></textarea>
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Save">
</form>

Errors received:

Warning: fopen(css/8.6.193.84:27015/cstrike/maplist.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/thepwned/public_html/test.php on line 13

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/thepwned/public_html/test.php on line 14

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/thepwned/public_html/test.php on line 15

Warning: ftp_put(css/8.6.193.84:27015/cstrike/maplist.txt) [function.ftp-put]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/thepwned/public_html/test.php on line 19

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.